Home » Our Shame, What the Eff?

"What The Eff?" Wednesday: Cheatin’ Pimp

19 September 2007 18 Comments

My sister and I were sitting in my apartment watching bad TV when the show Cheaters came on. This show is always ridiculous but we stopped to watch because the investigating party was an older black woman who just seemed unhinged. If you’ve seen Cheaters you know the type of things they say – “Well, he goes out a lot…and he puts on cologne…” – and such. We were busy hating on this woman (who seems like she has some history with drugs) when the ‘confrontation’ finally starts. Luckily I was able to find it on youtube. I won’t spoil it by analyzing the problems, but please do so in the comments because there is a lot to say. It’s part hilarious, part disturbing, and part ‘What The Eff ?’ from every angle imaginable.
ps.- the on-screen comments were added by whoever posted it on YouTube.

• Aaliyah said:

this is horrible, sad, and devastating. its not funny. i wish i could laugh but i can’t. just SAD.

• jon said:

I don’t even know what to say. Honestly. Where would I start?

• justjudith said:

ok, clearly he is violent and was cheaters there to protect her the next time they were alone? yikes.

• AJ said:

OMG – what a monster.

• Ninjagirrl said:

WOW!! I’m a little mad because she must have known he’s slightly off and plain old abusive. WTF are you calling Cheaters for? To help set off his crazy?? PEople are nuts. I feel bad for her sort of.

• Ehav Ever said:

I think everyone involved has issues. That includes the host, the camera crew, etc.

I find funny on one level that people are willing to put themselves in these kind of relationships. I have a hard time believing him being caught brought out his attitude. More than likely he is like this all the time.

Now what I do find sad about this is the following. Something is definitely wrong when a grown man and woman who supposed to examples for the young act this way. The fact that people when they find someone cheating won’t move on and leave is sad.

• Anonymous said:

Cave man and woman mentality

• The Randomness said:

Yo! Imihlola!!!! Women need to respect themselves. This woman has been abused for so long she doesn’t even know its wrong! I am so mad right now I ma get my knobkerrie. Silly ass man. I hope someone who knows her reached out to her but ehhh doubt it. I really feel badly for her.

• Dara said:

bravo, thembi. bravo.

ok…yes this is sad and disturbing and all that but i guess i’ll be the first one to openly admit the absurd HILARITY of this episode.

maybe that has something to do with the fact that we tivoed it and replayed the best parts 98498798 times.

i just discovered my new favorite quote by the host:

“If you were unhappy, you couldve told her this. If she is as bad as you say, why didnt you just move on? Why drag her down into this. You’re an articulate man…”

is the host understanding ANY of whats going on? and ARTICULATE? what?!?!

twilight zone.

• Lisa C said:

What a sad situation for this lady. My heart ached for her as I watched. I could clearly see her low self-esteem oozzing from her mind.

You know what, everyone gets to a point where they have hit the bottom. Calling this show to help her was the only thing she felt she could do. Even though I think the show in it of itself has problems.

Hopefully, she will NOT take him back but unfortunately this is the case with these kind of women.

Just so you guys know, she DOES take him back because she’s ‘old and doesn’t know what else to do’ and thinks maybe he’ll change…

• Nancy said:

They really shouldn’t have aired this. The host is such a punk. The woman was clearly addicted to some sort of drug, and she was getting beaten and probably sexually abused, but no one did anything to help her, they just exploited her. This is really sick and isn’t a case of “cheaters,” but “abusers.” There really needs to be some sort of advisory committee that disallows crap like this from airing as something normal and acceptable.

• natural muze said:

man. i remember this one. i saw it actually when it was aired (my bf is a cheaters fanatic)…and i was saddened then too. a dagnabit shame.

clearly he has whooped her booty before, she was showing all the signs of a battered woman…i’m glad cheaters was there to protect her. even how he grabbed the other one to sit down wasn’t right.

• Mrs. Grapevine said:

I saw that episode when it aired, and I was on the floor rolling. I’m glad some of you feel sad, but I just thought it was ridiculous and I had no sympathy for either of them.

I don’t know if you’ve seen the ending, but she goes back to him. She wasn’t trying to leave him. So please do not feel sad.

• Julian said:

re: “articulate.” Joey Greco has jokes. In that PWT way.

• afro jamaicano said:

i luvd that episode!! that dude was laying down some fake pimpin wasnt he?

i didnt think that woman was ond rugs i jus thought she was old as hell!! it was funny as hell when he splashed that drink on her haha

• Lisa C said:

I didn’t see the ending but just to hear that she went back?? (*shaking my head in disgust*)

• Q said:

I don’t know about nam one of ya’ll but like her (who took him back), and his new meat I’d cherish me a man that picks me up by my belt loops as though i was a thing… a hot thing