Home » Our Shame, The Negro Channel

If I Were White, I’d Be So Confused.

15 October 2007 14 Comments

Anything sponsored by BET is doomed to a special brand of impenetrable coonery. A sort of vortex of porchmonkey-business that envelops every single attendee, if you will. This, therefore, is a somewhat expected result:

Now, on the left we have two of the Jena 6, who were invited to the awards by BET to present the Best Hip Hop Video Award and explain what the whole Jena 6 deal is about. Thank you, BET for being socially involved, but could you have explained to these two young men that a suit, not jeans and shades, is the outfit of those taken seriously? I don’t blame these kids, I blame whoever forgot to tell them that they aren’t rappers and aren’t there to stunt it up. I can just see them rushing over to City Blue to get outfitted for the night. And I don’t know what statement Katt Williams is trying to make but I guess no one told him that Jena 6 was going to be in the house. Maybe they can sue him for Post Traumatic Stress disorder…

• John B said:

looks like Katt dressed up as Luster’s Pink Moisturizer for Halloween…

• AJ said:

We are at times our own worst enemy. I blame the parents for these two men dress, now more than ever they need to present themselves as respectable young men. As for the clown with the pick and noose – he needs his black card revoked. This SHOULD ruin his career, but I’m sure it won’t.

• shelbyinitalia said:

a deep feeling of satisfaction just came over me because i have no idea who jena 6 is, nor am i inclined to google them. i hope they’ll be my mike jones them

• Q said:

This Totally deserves the label

BET as always Overflowing our collective cornucopia of niggadom beyond even our most softshoe dance, watermelon eating dreamz! (yeah with a damned z)

*sigh*
    a Noose??… the boys showing up there like 2 bit cRappers when the other one already got violated on his pre-trial… in the ONE other place other than Jena that they could have gotten into a damned shootout (ya’ll now what birdchested dumb-with-money nigga and bottom bitch i’m talking about!)

• Invisible Woman said:

That is hilarious Jon B.

• Michele said:

Noose is tasteless.

LOL @ John B.

• Blogxilla said:

HI Thembi… You’re right they should have worn a suit… I mean they don’t look bad i’ve seen worst at least their clothes fit but still… the world is watching you. smch..

• ambboogie said:

Love the title of this blog.. so true! so true!

• Butta said:

That was poor judgment on the part of the Jena 6 fellas. As for Katt Williams he looks like a damn fool. A noose is not an accessory. If we saw a white person with the same thing around his neck people would be mad as hell.

• MrsGrapevine said:

shelbyinitalia said…

You don’t know who the Jena 6 are? You need to google it because they are not a rap group, but kids who were prosecuted by an overzealous district attorney for a school yard fight, while the white kids got a slap on the wrist for a hate crime. It’s been in the news, and there was a big rally with tens of thousands of black people in the town of Jena, LA.

As far as their wardrobe, I am sure a stylist a BET “hooked” them up. This does not help their image at all, and they should have looked more professional.

Ms G – I’ll answer on Shelby’s behalf. She’s living in Italy right now so is living an America-BS free life…much like I was a few years ago in France when I totally missed Mike Jones, lots of Iraq War crap, and the orginal “Trapped in the Closet” phenomena.

• shelbyinitalia said:

thanks t — ms g, no disrespect intended!

• My Name Is Marcus Langford said:

Kat Williams has got to be the most non-talented lil n_gga out there! And this noose jive just shows his lack of sensitivity to the entire matter; what a dumb_ss!

‘Mind Of Marcus’ BlogSpot
    The Mind For Revolution Is Here

• Dara said:

i actually thought the nervous little speech and over-the-top outfits that the jena 6 boys were wearing were adorable (i used to mentor teenage boys, they come up with the darndest things…) but the fact that they thanked their “fans” for all their support is really awkward.

and when did the single diagonal suspender become acceptable? i live in the south and i aint seen that once.