Home » Coonery, Now That's Dancing!

Random Coonery: Now THAT’S Dancing!

9 October 2007 8 Comments

Lately it seems like the Internet has had true coonery in short supply, so I procured my own from an episode of Good Times that came on the other night. Florida, Penny, little Kim Fields, and some random boy are all trapped in a snowstorm and decide to amuse themselves with – you guessed it – dancing! Sorry that the video and audio quality is poor but I’m not exactly set up for this kind of thing.

That lightskinned boy is GETTIN’ IT! And have you guys noticed that’s the same exact dance that Janet still does?

• Q said:

I maintain saying that Janet got stuck at a certain age in her head…. something about the kitty mewing-speak that she does and the fact she is still trying to pump bump and grind and whisper-sing for the 19 and under crowd

• Invisible Woman said:

Is that little boy Boogaloo Shrimp?

• S.K. said:

janet is still doing that same dance.

Good guess, IW, but no. In the face he looks kind of like one of The Boyz or something even though this was clearly before their time. I’m going to try to get my weight up when it comes to posting these things on YouTube.

• Dara said:

the first boy’s dance was bad enough (and isnt THAT what EVERYONE is still doing these days??), but not that florida had to throw her ole broke self in the mix with that sad-lively jig. my lawd.

• shelbyinitalia said:

my neck, my back

• justjudith said:

ok, the comments are hilarious. hey, wasn’t that the same little boy who gets killed in a gang initiation on the jeffersons?? jenny was doing her paper on a gang in harlem. why i am drawing that connection i don’t know. perhaps florida’s sad-lively jig (lol dara)sparked something.

• nancy said:

the epitome of “they’re laughing AT you, not with you, dear Florida…”