Home » Good Hair Gone Bad, News

Good Hair Gone Bad Quickie: Gary Dourdan and Brother

30 November 2007 13 Comments

So what if I had a crush on Gary Dourdan when he played Shazza on A Different World? And so what further if I still kind of have a crush on him when I see him on CSI? He’s from Philly and I like a little green-eyed cuteness every once in a while. But howabout the report that his brother Demitris Hirsch was arrested yesterday in Lafayette, LA on charges of aggravated battery with a dangerous weapon? Yipes. Just look at these two. This goes to show how thin a line good hair must walk. And just because I like it, one of my favorite Shazza scenes! Work it, Kim.

• Cassandra said:

Thembi, you are not the only one that’s a Gary groupie. His brother needs help, seriously.

Offtopic: I went bananas on Black Friday.

• AJ said:

Looks like the “we all have a twin” wives tale is true. If I’d see this brother on the street, it would be like “Hey Gary”. Just think, since you had a crush on him, he might have convinced you he was Gary, till he started with his thug antics..

• justjudith said:

who didn’t love shaza?? he was the coolest.

• Regina said:

That picture is nasty scary!
    Sorry folks, I didn’t really like him in Different world, but good lord!!! was he hot and fine in the Janet Jackson “Again” video! WOW!

Ok so all of these people are emailing me talkin bout this isnt his brother and its just a joke, but I really dont care…panachereport.com bothered to call him his brother and so Im sticking with that. You are a FOOL if you think I check my sources or even care if anything I post is true.

Still, seeing the two of them together looks like the revenge of Sally Hemmings.

• MrsGrapevine said:

They could be twins, Gary better stay way from drugs and make sure he moisturizes with spf 15 because he’s looking into the mirror of his future.

• THE 78' MS. J said:

Oh how I love a different world, and why did kim date “opie” what a weird couple. Thanks for the back down memory lane clip though made my day.

• THE 78' MS. J said:

• Marcus Langford Is The Name said:

dourdan’s brother looks like the offspring of a nick nolte/james brown mugshot! lol. we can all remember how bad these cats looked when they photoed at da joint.

also, few may remember dourdan being in a janet jackson video. i forgot what video it was, but it came out in the mid-90’s.

The Mind For Revolution Is Here
    In conjunction w/ DrewryOnline.net
    and JasonScherrer.com

• One Man’s Opinion said:

I did not even make the connection with him being the guy who dated Freddy on Different World. Guess I’m slow. Loving your site though.

• dara said:

i was convinced he was gonna be my husband! I absolutely loved that show, and still do.

and when you’re going back and looking at some of the reruns, look for that guy in the turquoise sweater. he’s in like every episode…and one of the worst extras ever!!
    jasiri-blog.com

• Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said:

LMAO! That man looks like a cross between Gary and Grady from Sanford and Son. OMG he is scaray!

• Anonymous said:

To bad Gary just got busted for Coke, Heroin and E possion, Jackass.