Home » At Least They're Not Black..., What the Eff?, Yipes!

"What The Eff?" Wednesday: Doo Doo Crack

7 November 2007 17 Comments

It’s no big deal to get a little sip or smoke on, but I do draw the line somewhere. Reports of people using the fumes from human waste to get high have been circulating since 1995 but have recently resurfaced via a memo issued by the police department of Naples, Florida.

On 09/19/07 Cpl. Disarro received and email from a concerned parent regarding a new drug called “Jenkem”. The parent advised their child learned about this drug through various conversations with several students at Palmetto Ridge High.

Jenkem originated in Africa and other third world countries by fermenting raw sewage to create a gas which is inhaled to achieve a high. Jenkem is now a popular drug in American Schools.

Jenkem is a homemade substance which consists of fecal matter and urine. The fecal matter and urine are placed in a bottle or jar and covered most commonly with a balloon. The container is then placed in a sunny area for several hours or days until fermented. The contents of the container will separate and release a gas, which is captured in the balloon. Inhaling the gas is said to have a euphoric high similar to ingesting cocaine but with strong hallucinations of times past.

Once ingested the onset of the high takes approximately 10 seconds with the most severe hallucinations happening in approximately 20 minutes. Several articles indicate that the subject immediately passes out after ingesting the gas then regains a magical/hallucinogenic state within seconds of regaining consciousness. The high has been described by subjects as a feeling of “being out of it” and talking to dead people. The feeling of being “out of it” may last for several hours or days. All subjects who used the Jenkem disliked the taste of sewage in their mouth and the fact that the taste continued for several days.

Slang terms: Winnie, Shit, Runners, Fruit from Crack Pipe, Leroy Jenkems,
Might, Butthash, and Waste.

Ok, first of all, EWWW. Secondly, even if this ‘drug’ originated in “Africa and other third world countries,” (which actually makes no sense considering Africa is not a country) how did that little white boy sucking up those doodoo fumes hear about it? On the Internet? In a rap song? We are talking about huffing human poo, here. If you take the initiative to create and suck up raw sewage you have no one to point fingers at but yourself. Talk about misplaced blame. And I’m extra mad that one of the slang terms for it is “Leroy Jenkems!” Meanwhile, most people are questioning whether or not the use of Jenkem in the United States is just a silly rumor or something that parents should be concerned about, including this news report, featuring the funniest little white girl I’ve ever seen. I personally wouldn’t put it past anyone – what better thing to get twisted off of than something in high abundance with no other use? All I know is that if black folks start using this stuff I swear I will be officially through.

• AJ said:

Dang…what is it with folks fascination with poo these days? I just watched someones reaction to a video that is going around youtube and it apparently involves poo as well???? WTH?

• otilia said:

OH NO NO NO.

• Ill Mami said:

I’m sorry, but I will never, ever believe that Black folks are trying to get high by inhaling shit fumes, I mean, even inmates in jail have the decency to hustle to get their high on. And jail is shit central. I mean, come on now people?!?! Shit-huffing!!! I feel that this is the beginning of the end of life as we know it.

• hottnikz said:

It’s still just certain things that I refuse our people will do and this is definitely one of them. As a matter of fact this has got to top the list!

• MrsGrapevine said:

It’s waste, your body got rid of it for a reason. People are just stupid these days. You know you are off in the head, if you are fermenting crap for a high. Obviously this is not a gateway drug, one must already be hooked on crack to do something this gross and stupid.

• S.K. said:

I know it’s not good to judge people but….

You gotta be a low life to be getting high off literal shit!!

• justjudith said:

the little boy in the pic looks like he’s sipping his from a straw. anyway, i think this is made up. in the era of no real news, stuff like this can sneak under the credibility radar. but now, someone’s gonna try it for real.

• Qucifer said:

I’m cracking up all by myself here, iam in awe of dumb people trying to get high’s imagination and ingenuity but i’m just as indignant and horrified as everyone else… this beat pruno hands down

• THE 78' MS. J said:

Human waste as the new crack…what celeb is going to be caught doing it first? I predict brittany spears followed by BloHan.

• THE 78' MS. J said:

• Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said:

I’m just wondering what was the state of mind of the person who thought of this shitastic idea? This is my anti-drug right here.

• BeautyinBaltimore said:

I can’t believe people are doing this.

• dc_speaks said:

lol@sk. I was giogn to blog on this topic today. I like your blog over heah. i’ll be sure to come back to visit thembi.

have a fantastic weekend.

yeah WTF wednesdays are great huh?

• The Weather Man said:

I got that good shit for cheap…Holla at me.

• Manchild said:

Hello Thembi,

This new drug also goes by the name of “devil’s chocolate” and “butt hash.”

Can it be that our children are in so much pain that they’ll do anything to escape the real world?

Manchild

• justjudith said:

butt hash? see, that’s enough to make you stop right there lol. it should be anyway.

• BellyDance Girl said:

Having worked at a radio station, and knew people at the local tv news stations, I can’t help but be suspicious that this is pure sensationalism. plus, the ‘Africa and other countries …” that does show ignorance. And, it shows that both the writer AND the editor are clueless. I’m really having a hard time believing that anyone would do this, or that it wouldn’t be toxic.