Home » Random Nostalgia, The Black Archives

Get My Name Outta Yo’ Mouth!

21 January 2008 15 Comments

The new rule for Martin Luther King Day is that his name should not come out of your mouth on some nonsense. Examples:

Lil’ Wayne on how to handle beef: “You’d expect me to pay somebody to do it? You supposed to be able to do anything in this world. That’s what Martin Luther King told me. He ain’t never put a specific on what to [do]. He said you can do anything. ‘Kill’ falls under that.”

Dr. King said that? Really?

Also, especially as a confirmed pedophile, please do not compare yourself to him like R. Kelly did: “I’m the Ali of today. I’m the Marvin Gaye of today. I’m the Bob Marley of today. I’m the Martin Luther King, or all the other greats that have come before us. And a lot of people are starting to realize that now.”

Well that is certainly foolish.

At least on last year’s MLK Day Hillary Clinton showed up at a black church in Harlem to say “the p word”: “When you look at the way the House of Representatives has been run, it has been run like a plantation and you know what I’m talking about…”

Who wants to hear about plantations on MLK day? I think I’m officially voting against her now. But political games do amuse me so:

“I watched my father march with Dr. King.” – Mitt Romney

Liar.

Whatever happened to these good old days?:

Dr. King said to love somebody! Didn’t he? Let’s just keep it simple…

• Undercover Black Man said:

Daggone, Thembi… Too much ’80s flashback for a mug… I wasn’t ready for all that…

• gradmommy said:

as soon as i read this here, the video came on vh1soul. priceless…

• justjudith said:

lol. great post! and the video…well, that’s just priceless.

• justjudith said:

ps remember sistas crushing on dexter king?????? lol.

• justjudith said:

that’s ricky martin dancing next to stephanie mills. lol. sorry to hog the comments but i can’t help it…

where are half of these people??

• Qucifer said:

UGHHH that R.Kelly shit still turns my stomach!!

• Regina said:

Lots of people use MLK’s name in vain, without a care. It’s a sin and a shame.
    O lord that video, man that brings back memories and I have not seen it in so long. Some good talent going on there (some of it lost). Thanks for the flash back!
    Happy MLK Day!

• The Love Collective said:

thembi, you are mad correct! Will SOMEBODY check these fools for comparing themselves to MLK?!

• LaJane Galt said:

Next task: the ghetto needs to get MLK Blvd out of its mouth!

• Gbemi's Piece said:

Thanks for speaking up on all that foolishness. It’s time to stop using MLK’s name in vain.

• Gbemi's Piece said:

• Dave said:

the thing about lil wayne is he consistantly rants bogus non sense and he is still treated as if he is a respectable person. the r kelly thing is crazy to cuz he is on my shit list anyway with his latest music releases. please respect the King. Great blog! visit me at http://www.unheardvoicez.net

• Dirty Red said:

Tembi,
    Great post.

With your permission, I am going to bite those quotes from you. I have a section o my blog called “Ignorance is Bliss”, and I think that these fools need to be put on Blast.

• Ginneh said:

DOC-TAH KING TRIED TA LOVE SOME-BOOODEEEEEEE!!

• Ginneh said:

why does whitney have on that crazy headband/wrap?