Home » Dating, Reader Submissions, What the Eff?

Random Facebook Message

18 January 2008 7 Comments

It seems as though the world has caught on to my spot blowing tendencies, so messages from weirdos have been in short supply. Fortunately, I’ve rubbed off on my dear friend Emily, who received this craziness on Facebook:

Hello!
I just wanted to drop in and let you know how beautiful you are when I went through your profile that I’m thinking about you today,and hoping the day is going great for you.
Please i will like to chat with you on yahoo email or by mobile. I will love to hear from you.
It would make me purr with happiness.

This is mine [redacted]@yahoo.com
+234{redacted]
+234[redacted
Take care,
Ay William

Ok. First of all, “purr with happiness?” Secondly, what kind of name is “Ay William”? Is that “Ay” phonetic? I’m guessing that he said to himself “I know what will work. There are many in America named William. So I will call myself a William.” And what kind of picture is this? He looks like he’s floating in some imaginary space, like hes in The Cube or something. The funniest part is that Emily’s photo is blocked and the original phone number on this message was no fewer than 15 digits long. Conclusion: Not a Local.

• Emily said:

It could be “A William.” It could also be, “I William.” both bring me equal delight.

Oooh I know…maybe he was going for “Will I Am”

• Regina said:

Huh, that whole “purr with happiness” is some ol’ naaaasty freaky stuff that he is doing with animals and he wants you in on it to!!

• Qucifer said:

Let me tell you I dedicated my Myspace fuckery post to you a few weeks back and once you read I’m sure you’ll agree that I should win for , like, the whole month!

• AJ said:

Maybe he’s an alien or something. He looks like he’s a little high on that photo and he should block his pics….

• Anonymous said:

sounds like the beginnings of a nigerian 419 scam. prolly part of a mass emailing.

• The Obenson Report said:

I might have to borrow his classic “purr with happiness” line!

HA!