Home » Our Shame, Spot Blowing

The Disgraceful Black Woman of the Year (So Far)

31 January 2008 14 Comments

Mom Who Left Kids for Nigerian Groom Arrested

A woman accused of leaving eight children with little food and no money while she traveled to Africa to marry a man she met on the Internet has been arrested. Shanell Monique Mosley, 33, was met by authorities as she got off an Air France jet Monday at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, and charged with child endangerment and child abandonment for leaving the children in squalid conditions

When she left for Nigeria on December 31, Mosley told her 15 year-old daughter she would return in a month. Mosley’s children are ages 1, 7, 8, 9, 15 and 16, Jordan said. The other two children found in the home were 3 and 4 year-olds the family cared for on behalf of a single father who worked, Jordan said.

The 9 year-old son told authorities he and the baby ate a still-frozen pizza for breakfast the morning they were discovered home alone. There were no diapers, baby food or formula for the infant, no sheets on beds and fruit was rotting in a basket.

Thembi Says: You disgraceful stupid Negress. I get e-mails from African suitors every day and do you see me leaving a bevy of prime number-aged children at home alone so I can realize his promises of making me “purr with excitement” or “fun and laffing with my beauty”? You already have six kids, what the hell do you need more company for? And that picture is you up there crying in court? Give me a break.

• Qucifer said:

This bitch needs to get her ovaries cut off and her kids all handed to Angelina Jolie…. for her to never see them again, Let’s then see what Nigerian groom wants to marry her no-kid-being-able-to-have-ass

I would have left indignant as fuck but for this:

No parts of rightness reside within you

• Ruvarashe said:

Do u happen to know if the Nigerian guy was with her when she came back? Not even that did she find the guy thur when she got to Nigeria? I cannot believe this! like seriously this selfish, desperate,stupid mom used the money for food and neccesities to buy a plane ticket to Nigeria for a person she hardly knows! and left her kids to starve. I hope she does not get those kids back!

• wbmt said:

classic!

great blog, avgbro ref’d:

• Danielle said:

OMFG! When I saw the ages of the children I had to look back again at her age. This is some negligent ridiculous shit right here. I hate to call folks out of their names, but this is a dumb, trifling, bitch.

• Regina said:

Some people should not have children, I want to call Angelina myself…

• Undercover Black Man said:

A sad story… but one of the best blog posts (and set of comments) I’ve seen in a while.

Wear her out, Thembi.

• AJ said:

That heffa needs to be thrown UNDER the prison. What Angelina’s number, I’ll call her myself….

• LaJane Galt said:

Wow, she really hit her fertility stride in the 90s.

This heffa better watch out. These African men only what your bank account number/medical supplies or to sell you alluvial gold dust.

Soooooo are there any wedding pics?

How did she get the ticket $?

• Cassandra said:

How did she get the ticket $?

Heffa probably used her child support and her government check to get a ticket.

Someone needs to throw her dumbass UNDER a bus.

• Baby Please said:

Some folks just ain’t supposed to be parents.

You reap what you sow. Karma.

Her day will come.

• Anonymous said:

“This bitch needs to get her ovaries cut off and her kids all handed to Angelina Jolie”

ahahaha one of the funniest things I’ve read all week

• Regina said:

hey Thembi,
    Just checking in on ya!

• nyc/caribbean ragazza said:

I’m speechless.

• Televisiontraci said:

This has to be the most disgusting thing I have ever read. I hope she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.