Home » Bad Grammar, Celebutainment, Feel Smarter, Not Racist Cuz It's True., Our Shame

Snoop Dogg on Condoleeza Rice

3 April 2008 8 Comments

“They need us to manipulate and do the bad shit because we conversate and our colour is friendly with other peoples. This colour” – he traces a loving finger down his cheek – “is friendly with every country. That white colour” – he points at me – “ain’t friendly. The white man be threatening the Indian. The white man be threatening the slaves. The white man be threatening the Australians . . . that face ain’t to be trusted. That’s why Condoleeza does all the conversatin’ and all the chores around the world.”

Thembi Says: Interesting and disturbingly valid viewpoint. I’ve long since given up on encouraging conjugation of the verb “to be,” but as I will repeat until I am blue in the face, conversate is not a word.

From The Guardian

• beforethemayflower said:

Haven’t you heard? Playing dumb is the new smart.

• Undercover Black Man said:

“… threatening the Australians??

• Undercover Black Man said:

^ Oh, I think I just realized what Snoop was talking about with Australia. The Aborigines.

Homeboy’s deep.

• Antonio said:

I’ve speculated that Obama’s skin color might give us a leg up with some nations, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it also closed other doors.

• Malcolm said:

I agree with what Snoop is saying. However, the use of the non-word “conversate” bothers me too!

• Invisible Woman said:

Him using “conversate” is the least of his problems in that mangled conversation. But you get his point, so I guess that’s what’s inportant….

• LaJane Galt said:

Why is somebody asking this man questions, period?

• Anonymiss said:

Wait a minute. Am I agreeing with him?