Home » Our Shame

It Always Comes Down to Chicken Wings.

14 May 2008 12 Comments

Remember Latarian Milton, that little Milk Dud who stole his grandmother’s car? He is now officially the poster-child for the failure of the black family.

Woman Says Joyriding Grandson, 7, Beat Her Up

[excerpt]

Milton’s grandmother, Vikkita Stratford, told WPBF that the 7-year-old took his mischievous activities to a new level Monday when she said he beat her up inside a Lake Park Wal-Mart.

According to Stratford, the problem began when Milton asked his grandmother for some chicken wings. When she refused, Milton walked over over to the counter and ordered them anyway.

Stratford said that when she confronted him about it, Milton just snapped.

“He just started hitting me — just started hitting me in front of the whole Wal-Mart. Every one in there was upset,” Stratford said.

Stratford told WPBF that Milton hit her stomach, legs and “wherever he could reach me.”

Riviera Beach police picked up Milton from his home and took him to an area hospital for a mental health evaluation Monday afternoon, WPBF reported. The 7-year-old can be held for up to 72 hours while he is evaluated by mental health officials.

Stratford said that she believes Milton’s problems are due to a bad atmosphere with his parents.

“I know what causes the behavior, cause all he’s ever seen was his parents do physical and abusive and verbal things, and I don’t want him to continue in this direction so I’m doing the best I can to get him the help,” she told WPBF.

Stratford said that she is worried about what will happen once the 7-year-old is released from his evaluation. She also told WPBF that she is making sure that Milton won’t have access to her rental car while her SUV is being repaired.

“When I first got the rental he said, ‘Oh, you know, let me take this for a spin,” Stratford said. “So now I just sleep with the keys. I lock them up.”

Thembi Says: Wal-mart…Florida…chicken wings? I really hate when underneath something ridiculous is something so sad and pathetic. Here I am cracking up laughing at this little chubbster while feeling badly enough for his grandmother and he’s putting his hands on her to the point where he needs to be hospitalized? Over some chicken wings? CHICKEN?!?! He doesn’t need a mental health evaluation, he needs a bag of pre-cut carrots and a father. I feel for the grandmother raising semi-abandoned children, but the fact remains that SHE is the one who raised the violent parent that birthed this little punk, so who is really at fault? Crack? Refined sugars? Bad genes? The saddest thing is, in spite of the need to end the cycle of violence, I still wanna beat the black offa him.

• Lola Gets said:

Yeah, dude needs a few things:
    1) An ass beating
    2) All his shit taken from him
    3) No social interaction outside of school
    4) Serious, hardcore adult supervision 24/7

The folks in his family need to get medieval on his butt.

L

• Lola Gets said:

Oh, his ass also needs to go on a diet, too. Thats right, I said it!

L

• LaJane Galt said:

damn you for the carrots! DAMN YOU!!!

Imma send that lil butterball a kickball and a bike.

• Ehav Ever said:

I say send him to school in Singapore where they will cane his butt in public view. Better yet, pull a Conan on him. Send him to some distant country and have him doing hard labor for 20 years. If he makes it maybe he can be reintroduced into society. If not at least the chicken wings at Wal-Mart and his grandmother will be safe.

• Danielle said:

The first thing I thought was why didn’t anyone snatch his punk ass up in Wal-Mart. He deserves to have his his whupped for that behavior.

Carrots and a Father. Priceless!

• Anonymous said:

cant they send him to maury?

• The Pretty Brown Girl said:

Pre-cut carrots…PRICELESS! And I know they had some in WalMart.

As a Mama myself, this entire story and the grand theft auto that proceeded it makes my ass-whuppin’ arm twitch.

• AJ said:

They would have been transported his little chubby ass to the hospital had he pulled that nonsense on me. A dayum chicken wing…..that little fool would never want to see another piece of chicken in his life….

• blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said:

Thembi!

This story is utterly imponderable!

My people, my people…

{shaking head}
    Lisa

• sparkle said:

the levels of dysfunction . . . lord. i say he needs an ass whoopin, some good old fashioned military school style boundaries, and another ass whoopin. maybe since he likes to ignore/ beat on his abuelita and steal cars, he should just be thrown into jail w/ a bunch of ppl who’ll tell him that they started out just like he did. during my middle school stint at a public school, we had a ‘scared straight’ sort of program. they took us on a walk-through of the juvenile justice center. the few of my classmates who were into ‘hoodrat stuff’ got over it, really quickly. bottom line, those adjudicated dudes were a real fright. nothing like a 275 lb, six-foot-four-inch dude threatening your bootyhole because you enjoy stealing cars and whatnot. latarian milton is an exemplar of why an ass whoopin at the right times is a preventive measure.

• Siditty said:

I wanna know why this child was even seeing daylight to even go to the Wal Mart. Hell he just went on a joy ride and wrecked his grandmother’s car. He needs to be in a dungeon somewhere with that bag of pre-cut carrots.

• Luscious Librarian said:

I concur with all previous comments. I know that there are alternatives to ass whippin’- a friend of mine’s step-son is subject to up-downs. Basically, he has to run up and down 3 flights of stairs with bookbag full of books on his back until told to stop.

But with that said, there are occasions when only a swift and vicious kick in the ass will make the point. This is one of them.