Home » Contest, Who is This?

Who Am I?

2 May 2008 13 Comments

When I lived in France I learned that the French love R&B. My white roommate had a Montell Jordan CD and played it often, and my lil’ Cameroonian boyfriend Francois had every single CD that R. Kelly has ever made (including remix singles). Seriously, like a whole binder-full of them. Anyway, after one of his characteristic cheap dinner-dates, he broke out this guy’s album, and as I belted out every word he sincerely asked if I had considered trying out for Nouvelle Star (France’s version of American Idol). Oh, those good old days.

But for said R&B singer, the good old days seem to be over.

UPDATE: This wasn’t even supposed to be hard, I was just being mean and mocking poor Tevin. Oh poor Tevin . . . We miss you. “Always In My Heart” was truly one of the last great R&B songs, from that period when Babyface was behind the scenes writing every hit. When I jammed out on this Francois didn’t know what was hittin’ him.

• Mz Nikki said:

Is that Tevin Campbell????

• TalentedTenth said:

yeah…the pic of quincy in the background gave it away.

• Joy said:

good ol’ lil tevin campbell

• TalentedTenth said:

puff puff pass, fool…puff puff pass….

and don’t inhale.

• Malcolm said:

Tevin (or should I say T.E.V.I.N.) Campbell. It’s too bad that the title of his first hit “Tomorrow (A Better You, A Better Me)” didn’t ring true for him.

• hottnikz said:

He looks like he’s a ‘customer’,lol. How’d he get strung out on crack too?

• Aaliyah said:

can we talk for a minute…girl i want to know your name…

• justjudith said:

tevin! can we talk was my jam.

• Regina said:

Wow1 So sad.
    I used to love “Can We Talk”!

• Julian said:

Little T!!!!!

• Anonymous said:

I love Tevin. I have every CD he has ever recorded. The BEST male vocalist in the indurstry. Glad to see him getting back in the music scene. Hopefully Q will work with him again and all the other writers and producers: Prince, Al B,Babyface, Narada Michael Walden, etc. I can’t wait for Tevin to come back with some more hits. The bro was giving us 2 & 3 Platium Cds.Hurry back T! We love you and we miss you! I’ll never stop listening to your music, the songs are timeless and sang from the depth of your heart and soul. Love You, T PEACE!

• Luscious Librarian said:

We all knew it was the end when he came out with that synthetic braid bob. Awww, poor baby. I think we take it for granted that we get to form our identities in private.

• Old School Fridays: Songs With “Heart” In The Title | What Would Thembi Do? said:

[…] already posted two of my appropriate faves –  Tevin Campbell’s “Always In My Heart,” and Brandy and Wanya’s “Brokenhearted,”  – so now what? Well, for […]