Home » General, WWTD

WWTD Top Search Terms!

12 June 2008 8 Comments

Maybe I’m just a nerd, but I love crunching numbers. Here are the top 10 search terms that bring visits to this site, so if you missed these posts the first time around it’s time to catch up! It’s worth noting that an overwhelming percentage of visitors searched for “the black actor from ______” or such variations, information that I am honored to have provided. So this is what it comes down to:

10. Jet Magazine. The love. The hate. The Johnson Publishing empire. I will ALWAYS subscribe to Jet Magazine, and I will also always hate it deep down inside. I will continue to hang the Jet Brothers Calendar on my wall and mock the models monthly, while snickering at the Jet Beauty but reading the obituaries for the deaths of people that no other publication has the Negritude to bother with. Long Live JetMag!

9.Bumper Robinson. Bumper was the subject of my first Obscure Black C-Lister post and has been mentioned on this blog an embarrassingly high number of times since.

8.Martin. Why isn’t the whole series out on DVD yet?

7.Debarge. I can’t say a word. This is my personal favorite Good Hair Gone Bad yet.

5. Gary Dourdan. One Googler even searched “Is Gary Dourdan related to Grady from Sanford & Son?” The answer to that would be no.

4. Allen Payne. Multiple searches asked “Is Allen Payne gay/married/does he wear a toupee?” A sizable portion of searchers were looking for pics of his hairy chest or booty, which (through no encouragement of my own) can be found in the comments section.

3. Blackgirls. I was proud for a second until I realized that they were prolly just looking for that Brown Nipple™. Most variations involved sexual things but a sizable number were searches for freshness.

2. Real Doll Video. Pervs! I’m sure if I added up all of the sexually related content it would trump even the number one search item…

:::drumrolll:::

1. Devante Swing! About 50% of Devante-related searches also included one of the terms “drugs/crack/skinny/naked/tattoo/music.” In fact, the true #8 on this list was “Is Devante Swing on Drugs?” and Google claims that if most people search his name on Image Search my blog appears in the top 6 photos. Hallelujah, Devante holla at me.

I’d also like to mention a few obscure searches that I’m proud to have fulfilled, such as “no roger, no rerun, no rent,” “peasy hair,” “quadroon marijuana,” and my beloved “coonery”, which is actually not even a real word.

• blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said:

Hey Thembi!

This list is very funny!

{chuckles}
    Lisa

• jazzfan360 said:

Related to Grady! Aaaaaaaahahahahahahah. I am not mad at all about the fact that I found this blog one morning lookin up Bebe Drake LMAO.

I don’t know where else to put this but seriously–SERIOUSLY–you need to go to Youtube and search “The Reluctant Agent.” I am SO freaked out ’cause my friend and I found this by accident a few nights ago and were like “What…in HELL is this?” OMG. No words. Just go.

• Undercover Black Man said:

… and my beloved “coonery”, which is actually not even a real word.

It is now. ;^)

• Qucifer said:

Nothing cheers me up more in a bleak day than making fun of the low rent Jet model….such production value!!!

Also ladies SHOULD give your Brown Nipple theory a run for it’s money…dating/sex life will not never be the same!

• Lola Gets said:

If you search for the phrase “hot dick and nuts” my blog comes up as number one, lol. Well, it used to…hehehe.

L

• Fernando said:

i’ll admit i was one of the real doll guys, a friend introduced me to the website and i thought it was the wierdest shit ever and i was curious to see and i ended up finding some freak dressed in a real doll suit video..but i came across this hilarious site and now am subscribed

• Malcolm said:

Damn, Gary Dourdan does resemble Whitman Mayo!

From one nerd to another, I also love checking the stats to see how people find my blog. You might be surprised a the number of people searching for nude pics of Joey Heatherton, Lola Falana, and Marilyn McCoo.

• dc_speaks said:

hhhahahaha..this was hilarious!
    you putting it down, girl!