Home » Hip Hop Is Dead., Music, What the Eff?

Bert and Ernie Want Them Diamonds

23 July 2008 11 Comments

I went to a “Year 2000” party a few weeks ago and when M.O.P.’s “Ante Up” came on I remembered how hot that jam was. And then there’s this video mash-up, which has helped me remember how crunk Bert and Ernie used to get. I am tickled to no end by both the precise editing in this clip and by the fantastic concept of yellow and orange gay lovers snatchin’ diamonds and runnin’ pockets.

• A.Smith said:

that pretty much made my whole day. LOL. LOVE IT.

• miss kate said:

that DID make my whole day.

• MsMarvalus said:

I am laughing so hard, I’m crying…

I’m still not over Bert saying ‘your life or your jewels!’

• Tha L said:

LMMFAO!!!!

• Kim said:

OMG!!!! That is hilarious! And I still love me some ‘Ante Up’. I like to workout to that song. I don’t think I’ll show that to my little one, don’t want to traumatize her. LOL!

I always heard that Bert and Ernie were suppose to be latino. Bert — Puerto Rican and Erinie — Dominican.

• bklyn6 said:

LOL. That was so tight! Thanks for posting!

There’s a Sesame Street-Do the Right Thing video that’s pretty cool. I saw it on youtube a while ago, but I don’t know if it’s still posted.

• Ehav Ever said:

This is so comical. Man, how did they sit around long enough to find the times to match up the song with Bert and Earnie. There are some real creative people out there.

• Shelby said:

im so glad you found this

• j said:

I’ve watched this three times already, and it just keeps getting funnier! Especially where Bert’s eyebrows make him look kind of angry and gangsta.

• The Peanuts Gang Gets Gangsta | What Would Thembi Do? said:

[…] is the only thing I’ve ever seen rival Bert and Ernie doing M.O.P. Poor closeted […]