Home » Long Live the Colored Race!

Thanks, Weezy, I Needed That.

15 July 2008 13 Comments

I need to take a posting break this week because some of the stuff in my life has gotten particularly ridiculous. I won’t feel better about it until I can write about it, so don’t worry about me or anything! As I brave the rocky waters of life, constantly tested by the lame actions of others, I keep repeating a single phrase. It’s not “hum-no-yo-rengay-kyo”. It’s not “this too shall pass.” Thembi is not on any kind of “keep on keepin’ on,” “it is what it is,” or “I’m good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.” When other people or life in general seems to be tripping out, I just blurt out the following:

By the way, please go to this link and prepare to repeat the magic phrase again: Grillz for Bills

• Reginald Dorsey said:

You forgot “Relax, Relate, Release.”

Haha Reg come to think of it I do use that one sometimes…

• Undercover Black Man said:

I knew what was coming. But it made me smile anyway.

Take it easy, Thembi.

• jazzfan360 said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was INCREDIBLE. I love how game all the actors are about not breaking during the long laugh. Isabel Sanford was the BEST. That’s so incredible. That’s definitely gettin passed around on Myspace.

• Bonnie said:

That damn Weezy! Loved The Jeffersons and still watch it.

• Lola Gets said:

“Relax, relate, release” is a timeless classic. It will never go out of style.

L

• Creolebuttafly aka Gette said:

I’m guessing “I must! I must! I must increase my…” is not one we’d use regularly nowadays, huh?

Okay, well, I guess that’s just me..

• jazzfan360 said:

Shhhh! Bust enhancement NEVER goes out of style!

• NaturallyAlise said:

Oh NO! Those “Reggins” on the Grillz for Billzvideo need their asses whooped! I think a piece of my soul died watching that…

• Vivrant Thang said:

LMBAO! I needed that laugh and things are relatively quiet for me right now.

• The Working Princess said:

Was that acutally aired? I don’t ever remember that and I watched the Jeffersons religously.

• Ill Mami said:

Thembi, I have been through the ringer myself this week my damn self. So when I saw Weezy get real wit’ it, I had to say the same thing concerning my current woes.

NIgga please indeed.

• blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said:

Hey Thembi!

I had no idea that the n-word was tossed out like that on that show!!

Wow…