Home » Random Nostalgia, The Black Archives

Random Black History Moment

14 August 2008 6 Comments

Here’s an interesting clip from 1980’s game show “To Tell The Truth.” To win the game, celebrities ask a panel of three people questions to determine which two are impersonators and which one is the real deal. The person each woman claims to be in this episode is Rosa Parks and one of the panelists is Nipsey Russell. Guess which celebrity panelists identify the real Mrs. Parks? Gold star to anyone who can name the other celebrity contestants in this clip.

• Qucifer said:

heh I Knew right way!

Yay Me Bitches!

• Invisible Woman said:

All I wanna know is why they are all dressed like extras from “Gone With The Wind”?

@IW

Thank you! Those hats!

• N Tindall said:

Why I am not surprised that Nipsey Russell got it right?

@thembi: I hope you don’t mind, but I posted this on Facebook to share with my friends and students.

• Hampton06 said:

this kind of madness is why i’ve been lurking on this site since randomly googling lynne thigpen one day. congrats on the nom!!!

• Malcolm said:

The way Gordon Jump was stumbling through his questions, I thought he was channeling Mr. Carlson. He did surprise me by getting it right. I could tell fairly quickly that Nipsey knew who Ms. Parks was just by the questions he was asking.

As for the identity of the other two celebs, I do know Kitty Carlisle from watching To Tell the Truth when I was a kid in the 1970s. I was surprised to later find out that she was an actress and not just a game show panelist. As for the blonde (Tiiu Leek), I’ve never heard of her until now. I guess that the week they taped those shows, Elaine Joyce must have been busy.