Home » Contest, Who is This?

Who Am I?

19 August 2008 12 Comments

This photo comes from another blog, and I’ll give the photographer credit as soon as someone can tell me who the two rappers on the left are. Each of them were a member of different 90’s hip-hop groups.

EDIT: Now, here we are over three months later and Niccolo finally got it. On the left is Chip-Fu from Fu-Schnickens, a group that takes the cake for most dated group concept ever (they must have literally sat around and decided who would be Chip-Fu, Moc-Fu, and Poc-Fu). At the center is Mr. Lawnge from Black Sheep, whose 1992 debut album, A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing, was my first full taste of hip-hop. This photo is courtesy of D-Nice’s blog, another nominee for the Black Weblog Awards. By the way, Niccolo is commenting from Florence, Italy, so all of you American hip-hop heads look pretty bad right now. This is why our currency is in the toilet. Shame on all of you!

For your viewing pleasure, Fu-Schnickens with “La Schmoove.” You can check out Black Sheep’s underrated 1992 anthem about being hoodwinked by ugly chicks at the club, “Strobelite Honey,” through the link.

• Niccolo' said:

The guy on the left is “Chip Fu” from the Fu-Schnickens…still cant figure out whos the dude in the middle…
    p.s. I know, i have the advantage of bein in Italy and operate before the others in the States, hahaha!

• Niccolo' said:

• Lola Gets said:

@Niccolo
    Stop hogging the contests! Being all early nshyt cause you in Italy nshyt – no one wants to hear it!

I am a little mad you know what the members of the Fu Freakin Schnickens look like.

Again, I have no idea who these people are. I will say this though, some Black folks, they dont age too well.
    LOL

L

• justjudith said:

i have no idea, thembi — but what does x-clan look like now???

• Dara said:

is that taz in the middle?

• DJ Fusion/FuseBox Radio said:

Chip Fu?!?

Random…

Professor X died of meningitis a few years ago, but Ill update on the rest of X-Clan someday soon.

Anyone? Any guesses about the man in the middle?

• hottnikz said:

I’ll take a stab a say it’s Kool Kim from the UMC’s(middle). Is that Steezo on the far right?

• hottnikz said:

…or the other UMC dude, Hass G?

• justjudith said:

dang, thembi. you know everything. thanks for the update.

• Invisible Woman said:

I don’t know who those dudes are, but a little Chapstick and Jergens may be in order….

• Niccolo' said:

I’m gonna get all the credits and kill the competition: guy in the middle is “Mr. Long” aka “Mista Lawnge” of Black Sheep… got tricked from the haircut, dude used to have that Kid ‘n’ Play type of thing, but his eyes are still messed up like they used to be in the 90s… eyes dont lie!
    Thank you ma’m!