Home » Music, My Life, WWTD

Thembi on Television!

Thembi Ford 29 September 2008 23 Comments

Part 1 of VH-1′s “100 Greatest Hip-Hop Songs” premieres tonight at 10 PM, and parts 2-5 will air each night this week, all right in time for October 6th’s VH-1 “Hip Hop Honors 2008.” Yours truly is a talking head weighing in on the picks – I’m definitely on Wednesday night’s segment so if you get a chance please check it out!

I filmed this show back in April and on the way out of the studio I ran into Erick Sermon, who is way more attractive in person than I expected. Seriously, he made me want to step my game up bigtime to catch me a grown old head with some of those early hip-hop money stacks. Anyway, I figured my footage would end up on the cutting room floor considering hip-hop heavyweights like him were also being asked to participate in the show, so I feel very fortunate to be included at all! I also got to introduce this “New School Hip-Hop” video playlist – do I look and sound anything like you imagined?

More of me:

• Jay said:

Lovely, just lovely.

Man, how can I be down!?!?

• BorisUK said:

i cant see it
    only for american audiences

i’ll look for it on youtube or summin

but im guessing u used terms like “what had happened was”, “im fina” and “ghetto revival”

ahahah j.k

• Malcolm said:

That is so cool! Although I could see the video, I couldn’t get any sound. I’ll try back later.

• gradmommy said:

This is great – I will definitely be watching :) Please do tell us – how DOES one get down?

• Invisible Woman said:

Go Thembs!

(choking and swallowing back my small amount of orange flavored hatorade) haha!

• Bryan Maltier said:

Just saw you on VH1 i was excited I now can say i know someone who knows someone who’s sister was on TV!!!!!!

• bourgieadventures said:

Aw, so cute! Good job!
    I saw myself on national television once and cringed! I wish I had a do-over!
    You don’t need one, though.

• Butta said:

Just saw someone named “Thembi” on VH1 and I had to rush over here to see if it was you. Sure enough! Congrats, girl. That’s a great look! Who is your agent? ;)

• Mama Frog said:

so proud! i love seeing my folks on TV.

• Dara said:

mmhmm, that fresh hair runs in the family. great job sis!

• Ill Mami said:

You absolutely rock! Good job, girl!

• Stacy said:

OMG! i saw your segment on VH1 this morning! SOO exciting!!!

Thanks everyone!

And Butta, I don’t have an agent but should get one, hunh!? If u know anyone…

• Jazzy said:

AAAAHHHHHHH! You go girl! You looked great and as always you add something fresh.

• Chuck said:

I actually saw the show. I was doing some work and had the show on in the background, I just happened to look up when I saw you. Man, I GOT CRUNK!

• bliz said:

this guy in the white suit… hmmmm…

“rapper’s consciousness peaked in the mid 90′s”

what a fucking ridiculous statement. i would like someone with an education who can spell to explain this “conscious rapper” label that won’t seem to go away.

• bliz said:

ps- this is awesome

• Ginneh Akbar said:

Ahem, I Don’t mean to toot my own horn (beep beep) but I’m responsible for the hair…in a roundabout kinda way. Second, someone called me today like “yoooo Thembi’s on vh1! She’s like Waldo! In the Metro, on the computer on TV!” I couldn’t stop laughing…you are kinda everywhere. And, although I’m used to looking at your face for the past, what, close to 15 years now, I must say that TV is a good look for you and I look forward to seeing much MORE of you on it. Let’s make it happen!!!

• Vee (Scratch) said:

I just saw the episode yesterday night. To answer your question, I really had no expectations on how you look, but you’re definitely cute, excuse me, a pretty young woman.

• Ehav Ever said:

A Star Is Born. I had to go the You-Tube root to find it, but I just saw it. First, you are a talking head and who knows you may end up with your own show. Congrats.

• Vivrant Thang said:

I had to come over here and give up a “You Go Girl!” You’re doing big things over here. Major congrats!

• KelleBelle said:

1. I am and always will be your agent. Don’t you remember that Margarita Tuesdays at Young Kingston’s? I have copies of the agreement you signed.

2. You look and sound AMAZING! I’mma need VH1 to glam me up one of these days. Is that your jacket? Super cute.

• anwar said:

congrats!! i was pseudo ignoring the pimp made coach and next thing i hear a familiar voice, that turned into a familiar face.

when we gonna catch up? for the first time, lol