Home » Who is This?

Who Am I?

9 September 2008 9 Comments

To win this “Who Am I?” you’ll need to provide a few pieces of information. The 90’s R&B group in this photo is still recording, but a few of its members were originally part of another 90’s group that had minor success as well. Name both the group in the photo and the original group.

UPDATE: Since NaturallyAlise got all online with it (which is technically cheating), she was the first to answer correctly. This is Men of Vizion (spelling intentional…really). Three of these guys used to be a part of the group Riff, who became famous by singing the school song in the bathroom on Lean on Me and then sang the title track for the movie White Men Can’t Jump. Just like Miss Gypsy eyes said, the top clue was the brother in that fur get-up, whose nose is pretty recognizable. The best comment goes to Lee, who said “I’m just mad at the extra baggy black denim pants. That and the dude with the fur collar and what looks like a cloche hat. Did he mean to look like someone’s jewish grandma?” Brutal.

Here’s Riff’s oh-so-new-jack-swingin’ video “White Men Can’t Jump.” Wesley Snipes in that flip-up cyclist hat disturbed me back in 1992 but just breaks my heart now.

• NaturallyAlise said:

I noticed these are the guys from Riff, I totally remembered them from Lean On Me, so then through my powers of the ‘interweb’ discovered that they joined forces with Men of Vision to make the new Men of Vizion!!!! Horoay Me! (Personally I think they should call it Riff of Vizion, but what do I know, I’m just a lowly Cube-wroker, lol)

• Invisible Woman said:

omg–if that is true how did ANYBODY guess that?

• Hampton06 said:

what could they be still recording?

• Lee said:

• Miss Gypsy Eyes said:

It’s gotta be Riff. I don’t recognize any of the others but the one with the nose(wearing the hat and yes I know they ALL have noses), I remember vividly from Lean On Me. As for the other group- I dunno.

• Miss Gypsy Eyes said:

Oops! Upon further inspection they are ALL wearing hats so I guess I need to specify “the one with the nose” = Mr. Leather coat with the ugly fur collar. My bad, it’s the nose… I tend to zone in on them, and I never forget a nose.

• justjudith said:

who is riff???

• Miss Gypsy Eyes said:

On White Men Can’t Jump… It’s sad that we used to dress and dance like that and think we were so fly…

• NaturallyAlise said:

uh oh, i guess i did cheat, bc truthfully id of never figured out it was men of vizion, i’ll play right next time, lol…