Home » Bad Grammar, Feel Smarter, What the Eff?

"What The Eff?" Wednesday: Feel Smarter

9 October 2008 16 Comments

People have been saying and doing a lot of really stupid stuff around me lately. This post serves to remind all of us what dumb really is.

This cannot be blamed on the gas crisis.

I took this one South Street in Philly. When I told the woman working at the store about the issue she yelled at me and told me I was wrong about how to spell “scarf.”

Are you surprised that this is graffiti on an Obama campaign building in Texas?

Spotted by Ginneh at Foreman Mills.

This is a triple whammy. No grammar, no spelling, no Whopper.

• Reginald Dorsey said:

Hey, when you out of meet, you out of meet. And with this reception coming, folks won’t be able to have any meet for a long time.

• Reginald Dorsey said:

Oh,and with that second one they were just trying to say “carding ans.” That’s pidgin French-English, which means “we will be carding to check the number of years, or ans.” This is a throwback to the old Norman Conquest linguistic rules implemented around 1067, C.E. They must have some Creoles running that store.

• mrs. mary mack said:

bwaahhhh!!! No Whopper!

• TalentedTenth said:

would it be racits [sic] to ask what nationality the lady was at the scraf (LOL) store?!

• clnmike said:

LMAO at RACITS.

Boy I shouldnt talk I am known for misspelling.

• BorisUK said:

ahahahaha
    nooo way thembi, these must be fake. no way anyone can have grammar and spelling that bad. nooo way

ahaha and lmao at no meet, whoever wrote that sign needs to hand in their notice and enroll for some night school lessons

• Lovely Lady Luxe said:

LMAO @ the Burger King sign! Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to run to the store and buy some new “scrafs”! lol!

• Don said:

Too funny @ meet. You’d think a person would immediately pick up on easy errors.

• Ehav Ever said:

I needs to show these photos to some friends of mine. I meet Israelis who speak almost perfect English and they tell me their English is not so good. I have tried to convince them that their English is better than some people who grew up speaking English. Thanks to WWTD, I now have all the evidence I needed.

In the spirit of bad spelling, grammar, and education….

Tank u Tembi, dis was fonny as all hades. LUL

• Dara said:

please tell me that at least one of these signs is from jomar???…

• DNLee said:

the first sign was at least grammatically correct. single pump, singular verb is.

@Dnlee
    almost, but the adjective “all” suggests a plural noun and therefore plural verb…

• Tafari said:

Oh hell no. I lost it on “we out of meet” damn!!!

Tafari

• mofo said:

I saw a sign the other day written in pencil on cardboard. “Homeaid Lemonaid”

I wish I could have gotten close enough for a picture.

• SJ said:

This reminds me of Engrish.com. It’s all about English spelling and grammar mistakes in Japan. But at least they have an excuse!

• Zuri said:

You always have me rollin’!! “Racits”? No surprise whatsoever about the location of that one. And yeah, definitely lost it on “we out of meet” as well. Hilarious.