Home » Random Nostalgia

Whatever Happened To Marsha Warfield?

Thembi Ford 8 October 2008 10 Comments

• blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said:

Hey there!

Marsha Warfield was really funny in the 80s!!

(smiles)
    Lisa

• Bonnie said:

I just saw her on an episode of “Smart Guy” on BET. Great question..going to IMDB her and see if she has anything going on…

• Bonnie said:

The last thing for her on IMDB is Veronica’s Closet in 1999. You don’t really see any of the people from Night Court anymore, other than the occasional guest performance somewhere, although I think John Larroquette is still working.

• Malcolm said:

You posed a good question. I see that the last credit listed on her imdb.com page is her appearance on the E! reality show “Star Dates” in 2003. I know I saw the ones with Gary Coleman, Kim Fields, and Fred Berry, but I can’t recall if I saw Marsha’s episode.

Last year when I did a post on favorite stand-ups, I included Marsha Warfield. She did a bit about how some names are exclusive to blacks or whites. To this day, I still have not heard of a white man ever being named “Darnell”.

• jazzfan360 said:

Man. My friend and I ask each other once every year or so whatever happened to her. She just disappeared! The last time I saw her she was in her slip chasin after Miggy Nuñez on an episode of Sparks (ha). I miss her.

As for the other Night Court folks, Charlie Robinson’ll occasionally show up here and there. He had a regular role on Buddy Faro on CBS circa fall 2000 I think…it was a really slick, cool P.I. throwback that nobody watched and it only lasted a few weeks.

Richard Moll is always working somewhere, and does a lot of voice-over work in particular, and John Larroquette (who let’s not forget won I think FIVE friggin Emmys playing Dan Fielding) is in his second year as a regular on Boston Legal, and sometimes shows up on talk shows promoting BL and being terribly witty. He also guested on Chuck last week and my friends say he was really great.

Markie Post really didn’t make it out of the mid-’90s, did she?

This is what I love about my readers. I pose a ridiculous question and y’all actually jump up to answer. You are so appreciated!

• clnmike said:

Yeah it’s funny how no one from that show gets any real work.

• DNLee said:

funny, I just saw her in a youtube clipping on Electronic Village – the First Black President Press Conference. It was from a SNL clip from 79-80 w/ Richard Pryor.

• Tafari said:

Damn, I thought she was dead. :(
    Tafari

• steven oliveri said:

Marsha Warfield was one of the funniest comedians ever. She should have continued her comedy. LOVE HER!