Home » That Not-So-Fresh Feeling, We po' folk., What the Eff?, Yipes!

“What The Eff?” Wednesday: One Man’s Trash

29 July 2009 12 Comments

Guys . . . you know. . . we’re all having tough times. Pinching pennies, tightening belts, and cutting open tubes of toothpaste for that last brush-worth instead of just tossing them isn’t just thrifty, its mandatory. I’ve been using the same stick of deodorant until the plastic scratches my pits and banging ketchup bottles against the table before I dare open a new one. And yes, I’m rocking last year’s flip-flops. But come on, yo.

flipflopsebayflipflopWearing someone else’s flip-flops is not simply a sure road to foot fungus, but its just downright nasty. Times are not tough enough for you to spend the summer creating new grooves in someone else’s sandals. And certainly not for no eight dollars! Eight dollars? That is eight pairs of dollar store flip-flops, Four pairs of beauty supply store Chinese sandals, or one pair of those random wedge flip flops at Old Navy with enough left over for a Diet Dr. Pepper. Yet, the auction is over, and the item has been purchased by the lone bidder. Dogged flip-flops for eight dollars plus shipping. Enough writing for now, I have some stretched out bras and holey socks that I need to go post on E-Bay right quick.

• Gette said:

I just have this thing about buying used clothing that’s not in a thrift store or consignment shop. Somewhere that doesn’t show and prove that things have been washed before gracing the sales floor. But flip flops (aka causcasian thongs) I don’ts fecks wit.

• MN said:

Don’t forget you have to pay &7.25 for shipping!

• Tafari said:

I HATE flip flops with a passion & the image above shook my soul & made my ass pucker. I cannot believe some one brought them bitches!!!

• Leo said:

‘Ew’, ‘Lawd’ and ‘Nasty’ sprung into my mind the instant I looked upon that photo.

• Karen said:

Thembi,

I was reading this out loud to Caitie on our drive home and she said she once saw a lady selling a Diva menstrual cup on ebay that was “only used once” and was barely discounted!

• Dara said:

I’ll take that stretched out bra for $4.98!

• aUrbanChameleon said:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww…that is just SO wrong but ironically hysterical. I’m at the same time laughing because my flip flops look like this. But shoot I even get embarrassed- you know how when you bring your foot back a little and begin to see that toe dirt print..yea I try to quickly cover that before anyone can see.

• misskoco said:

My guess is that the buyer has a foot fetish–like a nasty dude in Tokyo buying dirty panties from a vending machine.

• Sabrina said:

I’m with Tafari….besides the fact that this is absolutely disgusting, I hate flip flops in general. Um ewww…

• Peajai said:

I agree with misskoco, the buyer has to be some kind of foot freak. That’s the only way I can fathom anyone buying used flip-flops EVER, let alone some that look like this. But hey, if women with big, dirty feet is their thing, who am I to judge?

• joanna said:

First thing I thought was that whoever bought them had a foot fetish, no doubt in my mind.

• shic said: