Home » Crack Is Wack., Spot Blowing, What the Eff?, Yipes!

“What The Eff?” Wednesday: Philadelphia, Get To Know Us

15 July 2009 8 Comments

Editors Note: This marks my 500th post and clearly I still haven’t even scratched the surface of the weird and wonderful nonsense on the internet. As always, thanks for reading!

Between the Valley Swim Club incident, the sentencing of State Senator Vincent Fumo for corruption and fraud, and the totally-about-to-explode-like-it-does-every-summer murder rate, Philly is kind of in the doghouse with me right now. The liquor stores close at five o’clock on Sundays, there are few if any available men, and New Jersey – the only place with a state smell – is too close for comfort. Lately I’ve given my hometown the benefit of the doubt by focusing on the kindness we show to the crazy people who seem drawn to this city by some wacky magnetic force. For example, check out some happenings in Love Park where the skaters hang out. NSFW language.

We all have that wayward uncle who’d wear an undersized straw hat like that, so we were comfortable right up until “Bella Mafia Quack-a-Fella Records Incorporated by Rhyme Syndicate Three Yellow Men Trillionaire Club.” That moment was the sharp decline into some sort of cracked out Ghostface Killah-esque lexicon, and of course the activation of my personal fight/flight response.

Philadelphia…get to know us.

Thanks to DJ Stylus for sending me such madness.

• Ashlee said:

“there are few if any available men” preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach!!!

• OneChele said:

“Ghostface Killah-esque lexicon” – classic!

• Dara said:

Do you like space?

• DJStylus said:

You’re welcome.

You got to think big. And watch out for the purple punkin eaters, too.

IT’S A NEW ROCK COMING TO TOWN.

• michelle m said:

This video nearly got me fired.

• Zuri said:

WTF?! This man just got crazier by the second! And it’s ’09, almost 2010. Anybody nuts been busted yet? I wanna know! Honey, you find the funniest stuff. I love it!!!

• D. WAY said:

I was catching up on my WWTD posts at work when I came across this “gem” and I totally lost it!!! I’m sure everyone thinks I’m a lunatic because I couldn’t stop crying and laughing. I wouldn’t dare share the laugh with my colleagues, being the only person of color in my entire department. I will not have them associating me with this buffoonery.

But thanks for sharing and making my stomach muscles hurt from laughing so hard. Philly represent!!!

• ShonQuayShah said:

I PUT THIS SHIT SQUARE ON THE SHOULDERS OF RONALD WILSON REAGAN,4OTH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!! y’all just do not know. i grew up in the 70’s/80’s and we did not have crazy ass people like this walking around! they were locked up in mental institutions, as they should be! When Reagan took all the $ from social services and put it into the military…this is what happened. When I was a little girl, the worst you would see was “bums & hobos” downtown on skid row…this shit right here, while funny as f*ck, is really and truly, sad!