Home » General

“Good Hair” Trailer

3 August 2009 8 Comments

I am super excited about Chris Rock’s documentary Good Hair. Will it be funny? upsetting? revolutionary? Is black hair about to be outed? We’ll have to wait until October to find out, but check out the trailer for now.

• Tafari said:

I too am very excited about this release. I wonder if it will spark a honest discussion or intense debates between those addicted to creamy crack & those who see the light. Im just saying.

Tafari

• Peajai said:

I can’t wait to see it! Not sure if it will spark any kind of hair revolution but looks like it will be funny as hell.

• Aron Ranen said:

Just a note to inform you that I have placed my entire documentary film BLACK HAIR for free at youtube. 6 parts including an update from London, England.

It explores the Korean Take-over of the Black Beauty Supply and Hair biz..can it be taken back?

Link

• Corporate AfroPuff said:

If Paul Mooney is in it, consider my ticket sold!

• Aziza said:

I can’t wait to see this. It looks hilarious. On anotehr note, I have begun wondering if having locs isn’t also a way toa scribe to white standards of beauty: long flowing locs? Let’s discuss.

• Reginald Dorsey said:

Apropos of nothing, because I’m an only child and therefore had no sisters, when watching Soul Train in the early 90’s, I always thought the commercial went “TCJ No-LIE Relaxer, the name that mother’s trust.” As in, we’re not pissing on your head and telling you it’s raining – this is the name that mother’s trust.

I didn’t even realize they meant LYE until I read the Autobiography of Malcolm X when I was 13.

• Leo said:

This one will not be missing me.

• naturalsugar said:

Wow. Chris Rock may redeem himself with me. I have always appreciated his commentary on race, but am consistently offended about what he has to say about black women. We will have to wait and see, though.