Black History Month Pop Culture Challenge Week 2!
1. Every Monday I will post a new set of trivia questions and you will have until the following Sunday evening at 8:00 pm to submit your answers to me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The best way to go about this is to copy and paste the quiz in the email. Please DO NOT post answers in the comments section.
2. I will post the answers and the top 10 scores every Tuesday. The quiz will be cumulative and progressively harder, so anyone can take the lead at any time!
3. This year the prize structure will be as follows:
First Place – $50 gift card
Second Place – $25 gift card
Third Place – $10 gift card
4. If you use the internet you kind of suck. Most of the questions will be Google-proof, so press your luck trying to find answers on the internet. If its obvious that you used the internet I will disqualify you because that’s you playing with my money!
Now that’s all of that is out of the way, let’s go!!
1. Photo ID. This is a screenshot from which short-lived sitcom?(10 points)
3. What movie is this screenshot from? (10 points)
4. Six Degrees of Angela Bassett. You’ve heard of “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon?” This is the black version because lord knows Angela Bassett has worked just as much as he has! Connect Angela Bassett to another celebrity using movies, television, or music. Easy example: How can you connect Angela Bassett to Larenz Tate? One path is that she was inHow Stella Got Her Groove Back with Taye Diggs, who was in The Best Man with Nia Long, who was in Love Jones with Larenz Tate. Remember you can use tv, movies, or music, but not relationships like who’s dated whom, etc.
Can you connect Angela Bassett to Sherman Hemsley? (10 points)
5. Obligatory Michael Jackson Question (last year each quiz featured a question about The Cosby Show, but this year will be all about MJ!). Michael Jackson was crowned King – yes, a real king – in which country? (10 points)
6. Who took this photograph? (15 points)
7. Clear That Sample. Which hip-hop song sampled this original track? (10 points)
8. Connections. What do these three singers have in common? Make a good argument for your answer and if it’s complicated enough I might accept it! (15 points)
***Dig in The Crates Extra Credit Question: What does “recycles Benz’ refer to? (15 points)