Home » Crime of Fashion, Hair Freaks, News, Our Shame, That Not-So-Fresh Feeling, Yipes!

Pimp With “Exquisitely Styled” Hair Sentenced to 18 Years

Thembi Ford 21 May 2010 13 Comments

Jersey City Society Hill pimp is sentenced to 18 years in prison

Society Hill pimp Allen E. Brown got a little testy in court this morning and was sentenced to 18 years in prison by Judge Kevin Callahan in Hudson County Superior Court in Jersey City.

Brown, aka Prince, was shocked at the length of the sentence. “18 years?” Brown blurted out in court when Callahan announced the sentence.

“This will take you to your 60th birthday until you see the light of day” said Callahan. “The facts of this case are horrendous. They are vast.”

Brown, 48, who authorities say operating the ring out of a home on Lyon Avenue in the upscale development on the Hackensack River, was sentenced to 10 years for racketeering and eight years for extortion.

When Brown first walked into the courtroom he said to his lawyer, Adam Reisman, “I’m tired of your bulls—.” His hair was styled exquisitely, with wavy strands curled on his forehead and a long thin ponytail hanging over his shoulders.

At the plea hearing Brown, who admitted he ran a human trafficking and prostitution ring, was told he faced from 12 to 20 years in prison.

Authorities say he enslaved women and girls, some as young at 17, and forced them to turn tricks on the streets. He even turned some into drug addicts, authorities say. Authorities say the woman were forced to earn $500 on weeknights and $1,000 on weekend nights, or else they were denied entry back into the house, were denied drugs or were beaten.

Assistant Attorney General, Annmarie Taggert said Brown extorted a $600,000 inheritance from a woman who turned over the money because the woman feared for her and her niece’s lives. Taggert added that one woman who refused become a prostitute was handcuffed to a bed and forced to take heroin until she became addicted.

Brown’s mother, Tecora Brown, and his sister, Veronica, attended the sentencing. Tecora Brown pleaded guilty to promoting prostitution and is not expected to be given prison time. Authorities say the Lyon Avenue home belonged to Tecora Brown.

“It’s all lies, ” Veronica Brown said after the sentencing. She said her brother was trying to help the women who were already drug-addicted prostitutes. Brown said that her brother bought one of the women a computer and that woman now works at a hospital in South Jersey.

Read full story here (with more photos!)

Thembi Says: **blink blink** Ok, y’all. I’m gonna have to start lying to people and saying that I have a heart condition, because I just can’t tolerate news items like this! I usually ask why, but this time I want to know how. How can any man (nevermind that he’s a New Jersey pimp) find pride in wearing gelled down Wet N’ Wavy bangs leading to what even the reporter refers to as “a long thin ponytail”? The last adjective anyone wants associated with a ponytail is “thin,” exquisitely styled or not, because no matter what it’s doing all I can picture is Fu Manchu’s sickly beard. You think I might be exaggerating? Well here’s a tragic taste of that.

What about his eyebrows? What about his beard? This dude came straight from jail to court like, which really makes me wonder what went on in lock-up because I know he needed a second set of hands to accomplish this bastardization of proper holding product usage. Meanwhile, this piece of rubbish has the nerve to be shocked at an 18 year sentence for human trafficking when he’s already confessed and THEN starts off the proceedings by cussing out his lawyer? This is the worst kind of black person – doing anything he can to disrespect and use women, distrustful of the legal system to the point of self-harm, and overindulgent with his hair. I’m so disgusted. And I hate his lying, excuse-making momma too.

• Tafari said:

This niggas hair, teeth, contacts ^ Oz styled eye brow arch have killed my soul.

The photo alone sets us back as a people at least 23 years. His actions are another story!

• jazzfan360 said:

“bastardization of proper holding product usage” is my new favorite phrase. you put that one down haha. but seriously…..this is horrifying beyond words, on the most base of levels. there really isn’t punishment good enough. and SHAME on his mother.

• Tiffany said:

I a trying to figure out where he got all that hair gel in jail. Isn’t that much of that stuff called contraband, lol?

Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

• Luscious Librarian said:

That’s not gel my people. Haven’t you seen There’s Something About Mary?

• msladydeborah said:

I’m still in shock! That hair is..is…I don’t even know how to put in words what I think about his hair. But exquisite it the last word that I would used to describe the style.

When I looked at the photos-yes I had to go there. The chair with two crowns was the last straw. Off with his head! Or in this case-all of his hair because it no less than a hawt mess. And while he was spending money on his throne-some teeth on the bottom would of been a better investment.

• Marion said:

Wow, I’m flabbergasted! There are no words!

• APimpNamedSlickFront. Whose Uncle Is This? | Awesomely Luvvie said:

[...] him was on Miss Jia’s blog and I almost fell out my seat from laughing so hard. Last Friday, Thembi did a post on him too. So I was wondering whether he was ALL blogged out. Oh, and he’s my [...]

• wizardofoz321 said:

Hell. & No. :-/

• ShonQuayShah said:

flavor flav laff (((kee-kee-kee-kee-kee)))
    i have no words for this.

mmmm…just saw the other pics…..NO!

• This is What ‘Exquisitely Styled’ Hair Looks Like - ILookFly.com said:

[...] commentary comes by way of Thembi Ford, author of the hilarious blog What Would Thembi Do? — ” How can any man (nevermind that he’s a New Jersey pimp) find pride in wearing [...]

• This is What ‘Exquisitely Styled’ Hair Looks Like - ILookFly.com said:

• TAE said:

oooh exsquisite doesn’t even do it justice….

• Susette said:

That, my friends, is a comb-over of the worst kind. I’d like to congratulate the women who stepped forward to convict him. But how does the mother get off when she owned the house? It can continue business as usual. Keep your daughters close!